About the Richfield Historical Park
The Richfield Historical Park is located in Richfield, WI. It
is a 33-acre park that is part of the Village of Richfield park
system. Adjacent to it is the Richfield Nature Park which includes another 92 acres available to all visitors.
The Richfield Historical Park is home to many historic buildings which are restored and maintained by the Richfield Historical Society. The beautiful Coney Creek meanders among various wooded areas. Hiking trails also wind throughout the park. Picnic tables and benches are available for visitors to enjoy.
The park is divided into four areas. Click the underlined link to learn about each area.
- Messer/Mayer Mill and Homestead: This section consists of the 150-year-old Messer/Mayer Mill, Mill
House, Horseshed, Woodshed, Smokehouse, Outhouse and Barn.
- Lillicrapp Welcome Center: This restored home is located on the north end of the park.
- Pioneer Homestead: On the south end of the park, you can find the Motz Log Cabin and the Messer Log Barn.
- Timber Frame Area: Also on the south end is a granary and sugar shack. A blacksmith shop is in the process of being built.
Park Hours: 7am - 10:30pm
Entrances to the Richfield Historical Park:
1896 State Road 164, Richfield, WI 53076 (entrance for Events)
4399 Pleasant Hill Road, Richfield, WI 53076 (entrance for Tours)
May 14, June 11, July 9, August 13, 2017 ~ 12:00-3:00
Tours and Engaging Activities such as Grinding Coffee, Hauling Grain and Washing Clothes plus many more fun things to do and see
Note: Pioneer Homestead not open on these dates
$5 per person;children under 6 are Free
Other Times to Visit:
- Open during Richfield Historical Society Events
- By appointment (May 1 to Nov. 1) ~ Call 262-628-0252
Note: The buildings are not handicap accessible.
Click Tours for additional information
Rental of the Park: The Richfield Historical Park is available for rental for weddings, reunions, company picnics and other types of gatherings. Photo sessions inside the historic buildings can also be arranged. Click Rental for more information.